Blark Promos

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Rihanna: ‘The More We Respect Ourselves The More Men Will Respect Us’

With age (usually) comes wisdom and maturity. And that’s looking like the case for Rihanna who just celebrated her 27th birthday last month.
We can’t help but notice the bad gal’s style, aside from photoshoots, has been less revealing lately and more demure. A few years ago, Rihanna was one of the first big time celebrities to show off lots of skin on her Instagram, posting super sexy pics that would constantly get her in trouble with the IG mods.
The censorship became so bad that the Bajan beauty got mad and took a six-month sabbatical from the picture website after they kept deleting her racy  posts and shutting her page down. But her mark was already made with more and more stars pushing the IG envelope. And when Rih showed up to the CFDA in that Swarovski dress? Everything changed.
So now that being practically naked is the new hotness, the trendsetter appears to be going left. Catch her on the red carpet and our girl is mostly covered up, and the same goes for candid shots. Her video and cover art for “FourFiveSeconds” is just her in big, baggy jeans. No boobs out or nothing.
Did Rihanna have an epiphany?
During the promo run for her new animated movie, Home, Rih touched on her ever changing style which may have something to do with maturity and wanting to be respected.
She said:
The more we respect ourselves the more men will respect us. I have both sides to me and I think most women do. We are strong but they are very vulnerable as well.
Elsewhere during the press conference, she revealed of her new style:
I feel like my image evolves as I evolve as a woman. With growth, there’s change. My style is a reflection of my mood, my attitude wherever I am at, and you can see how it’s evolved since the beginning of my career just from my videos, and style is a huge part of that attitude.
So it’s safe to say her image and attitude demand respect.  It’s  refreshing to see an artist of her caliber talk about respect for oneself when everyone is definitely going in another direction nowadays.
Peep her latest looks below.

No comments:

Post a Comment